WSU’s research and extension program in Vegetable Pathology (VP) focuses on the biology and management of fungal and oomycete diseases of fresh market and processing vegetables, particularly red and yellow potatoes.
- Current field, greenhouse and laboratory research projects:
- diseases of specialty vegetables under biodegradable crop covers and in high tunnel systems
- flooding as a rotation alternative for shorebird habitat and soilborne potato pathogen management
- plant pathogens affecting Washington’s specialty potato industry
- General vegetable disease education and outreach, including active participation in the Pacific Northwest Vegetable Extension Group PNW-VEG
- Graduate Students: WSU Plant Pathology and WSU NWREC